Thanksgiving is upon us and it’s a wonderful time of year to reflect on what we are thankful for. So here it is, in no particular order:
1. I’m thankful that vibrators no longer look like this:
and instead look like this:
2. I’m thankful that dildos have gone from this:
3. I’m thankful that I live in a state that does not ban the sale of sex toys. However, I wish the stigma surrounding the sale or use of sex toys would disappear!
4. I’m thankful that I live in a country where women have the right to purchase not only sex toys but lubricant and condoms.
5. I’m thankful that teen pregnancy rates have declined in every state and among all racial and ethnic groups. Still, the U.S. teen pregnancy rate is substantially higher than in other western industrialized nations, and racial/ethnic and geographic disparities in teen birth rates persist.
6. I’m thankful that legalized gay marriage is now the law of the land but we still have to be vigilant about defending the right in this country and recognize the work that needs to be done abroad.
7. I am thankful that Roe v. Wade is still being upheld (for now) and hope women and men will continue to fight for a women’s right to choose.
8. I am thankful that more men than ever are buying sex toys for their partners and are not threatened by the use of vibrators.
9. I am thankful that sane laws regulate the pornography industry allowing for quality films performed by consenting adults.
10. I am thankful that every day we saw more and more women empowered by their sexuality and taking control of their sexual health and well-being.