At Fantasy Gifts we believe fun play is safe play!
If you are not in a committed, monogamous relationship, you should always practice safe sex. Follow these tips to make sure you’re playing safely!
1. Be Fair. Do everything you can to protect yourself, but also protect your partners. If you know, or even suspect that you have an STD, let your partner know immediately and seek treatment.
2. Be Aware. Most STD’s can be contracted without any symptoms, so just because there are no open sores does not mean you are safe. Treat every potential partner as a loaded gun, assume it’s unlocked, loaded and dangerous!
3. Be Condom Savvy. Condoms and other barriers, i.e. dental dams, can help prevent the spread of many diseases. Therefore, use condoms for every act of intercourse and condoms or dental dams for oral sex. Luckily, there are flavored condoms and dental dams!
4. Be Anti-Nonoxynol-9. Studies have shown that Nonoxynol-9 have little or no effect in preventing the transmission of STDs and may even increase irritation which helps spread STDs. Fantasy Gifts does not carry any condoms or lubricants containing nonxynol-9 and neither should you!
5. Be Clean. Clean up your toys with a toy cleaner and yourself with soap and water after every intimate encounter.
6. Be Straight. And by straight, we mean avoid the use of any drugs or alcohol which can impair your decision to practice safe sex.
7. Be Tested. Every sexually active person should be tested regularly for STDs. The standard guideline is every three months for most STDs and every 6 months for HIV.
By following these guidelines, you can enjoy a safe, healthy and active sex life!